Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens... Daniel 12:3

Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens... Daniel 12:3

Friday, June 20, 2008

Chinese Food and Christs Love

Chinese food has always been a favorite food of mine. I truly enjoy it! I was talking with a friend on my cell phone trying to figure out plans for next week. While I was doing this I was with my father in -law who was already at the register to order at our Chinese restaurant. I said good bye to the person on the other line and there I was faced with a menu of choices, and no idea what to choose. I stumbled through the order and was at the cash register where I was to pay. The lady wrote my order on the ticket just as another worker yelled across the room ' hey, that guy has been paid for he can go on through". I was saved, my father in law had paid the bill. All of us have a father in-law in this story. Actually, we all have a father in Jesus Christ. By dieing on the cross for our sins He has paid our debt, and our time will come when we die and we can hear " hey, that guy has been paid for he can go on through." In the book of Hebrews 9:28 it reminds us that "so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him." Each day we are all faced with a menu of choices, what we choose is up to us. As we stumble through our orders in life, know that a personal relationship with Jesus Christ is always the special of the day. Because hearing HIS voice say "this ones mine, his debt has been paid", that's priceless.

Jason Anderson

1 comment:

KellyFreeborn said...

I love this blog! I love how simple the situations are that bring to mind a devotion. If we could all just recognize these simple instances, Christ would always be on our minds.