Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens... Daniel 12:3

Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens... Daniel 12:3

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Lost and Found

The other day I was walking through our school. Our school is a K-12, small 1A school. I was walking down the hall when I saw an huge pile of clothes hanging out of a box. Upon further investigation there were many different items. Sweatshirts, t-shirts, boots, one glove, a sock, and many other items I was baffled by. Some were heavy, others were really light. Some were really big and others looked very small. In all the confusion I looked down at the box and found my answer. I was looking at the "LOST AND FOUND". As, I thought about this some more, it really struck me. Aren't we all lost or found. Jesus explains this to us in his parable of the lost sheep. In Luke 15: 3-7 3Then Jesus told them this parable: 4"Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Does he not leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? 5And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders 6and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.' 7I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent." It doesn't matter how big or small, or heavy and light our problems are. We will all be lost at some point in our lives. It is whether or not we choose to be found by Jesus that will make the difference.

No comments: