Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens... Daniel 12:3

Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens... Daniel 12:3

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Knitting for a Sunset

The conference was called Rocky Mountain High. One of our main sessions were just finishing up, and I needed to go to the restroom. They were now into the music part and were about 15 minutes from being done. I watched all the young teens jumping and singing, all 3,500 of them. I decided to go out and watch the sunset, since at this point there was no way I was getting back to my seat. There were only two or three of us outside. What caught my eye was a young lady was sitting with her back to the building knitting. She seemed to be very interested in the project she was working on and did not even look up to see me. Worship was going on right behind her back and it looked as if she had her back turned to GOD. The sunset was beautiful. Streaks of color, and clouds. This scenario reminded me personally about how I struggle with looking for God and celebrating and singing with him. Many times work, or projects in school, or even earthly possesions can get into the way of what we do. The bible tells us in these verses to FOLLOW HIM .


Matthew 4:19"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."
Matthew 8:22But Jesus told him, "Follow me, and let the dead bury their own dead."

Matthew 9:9 As Jesus went on from there, he saw a man named Matthew sitting at the tax collector's booth. "Follow me," he told him, and Matthew got up and followed him.

Matthew 10:38and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.

Matthew 16:24Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me.

Matthew 19:21Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me."



INFO FROM BIBLEGATEWAY.COM

All of these have one thing in common FOLLOW ME. When we are striving for GOD we must pick up our cross and follow him. No project is more important, no sports are more important. and nothing on this Earth is more important. The beauty of all of this is many times we will fail. However, the grace of god will always shine upon your face like the sunset and show you the way to him. Follow his light with your cross, and let the rejoicing begin!

No comments: